Bedroom Design | Bedroom Design Ideas | Bedroom Design Photos | Modern Bedroom Designs
New Ideas about Bedroom Design,Bedroom Design Ideas,Bedroom Design Photos,Modern Bedroom Designs,Bedroom Furniture are available in this site.
Monday, October 22, 2012
Bedroom Design Ideas
Painting basics: Get your painting basics right. If you want to use two or more colours in a room, make sure they’re from the same colour family. E.g. use red and a pale orange or use blue and a pale green.
Pick an accent colour: Whenever decorating a room, choose one accent colour that contrasts with the base colour. For instance, if brown is the predominant colour in your bedroom – i.e. the furniture, the bed cover and chair are in beige and chocolate brown, choose an accent colour like orange or turquoise to bring the place to life. Use the accent colour in cushions, window blinds, a vase, the wall paper or even a rug. Don’t use the accent colour in more than three elements.
Practicality of modern interior design: Be practical when coming up with interior design ideas. Don’t buy something just because it’s fashionable. Find out about its maintenance time and cost needed. Buy it only if you have domestic help to maintain it or don’t mind shelling out the extra bucks for its upkeep.
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Decorating Ideas for Guest Bedroom
* Small pots with green plants and colorful flowers can enhance the beauty of the room.
* Don't forget to provide empty hangers and ample closet space for guests to hang garments.
* Cabinets with drawers for folded clothes can help the guests organize their clothes well.
* An attractive vase of flowers and a stack of books for light reading can make guests feel welcome.
* If you are planning to buy a new house, you can plan for built in furniture in the guest bedroom as it will help maximize space in tight quarters.
* If you want the cozy bedroom to appear bigger than it actually is, you can use French glass or mirror as a grand headboard.
* Vintage linens can add a luxurious look to the room. You may assure guests a sound sleep by spritzing sheets with a calming scent, like lavender.
* By using luxurious mix of glistening vintage fabrics and antiques you can transform the guest bedroom into a Victorian fairy tale.
* You can keep scented candles, a music player that holds every imaginable song, a tv top box with instant movies. All this will really impress the boarders.
* You should clear bathroom counter tops and dressing table surfaces before the arrival of the guests, so they have the space for spreading out their toiletries.
* Before choosing the right color for the guest bedroom, you can design an arch built into the original brick wall which will serve as a 'canopy' of sorts for the bed.
* You can then carefully choose decorative bedroom furniture such as a small chandelier, dressing table and chaise, which will act as feminine counterpoints to the rustic brick wall.
* Curtain ideas for bedrooms may vary according to the size and style of the doors and windows. Read more on curtain ideas for bedrooms. You can create a cocoon like effect by using thin, transparent curtains around the bed.
* You can buy a comfortable chaise for the room which would be a cozy place for the guests to relax and they can enjoy reading newspapers or a book during free time.
* I would like to tell you that you should buy two twin beds for the guest room instead of one large bed. Guests can either choose to sleep apart or they can push the beds together to form a king size bed. And remember, stacks of fluffy, colorful pillows make for an inviting bed.
* No matter whether the guest bedroom is small or large, a bistro table and two chairs make a peaceful spot where guests can enjoy tea or breakfast in private, before joining in group activities.
* In an armoire, you should keep bath robes, towels, napkins and quilts or blankets for extra warmth on chilly winter nights. Similarly, you should keep soap and shampoo in the bathrooms. A small welcome kit can make the guests happy.
* If space allows, while buying home furniture, also buy a bit of seating for your guest bedroom, like a bench at the end of the bed, an extra chair or an ottoman. It'll completely transform the bedroom into a suite instead of just the place to sleep.
* You can keep a personalized guest book where friends can share stories about their stay and write down some tips. You can also keep a guide book of your city.
* A glass water pitcher if kept next to the bed can solve the problem of waking up thirsty in an unfamiliar space and searching for the kitchen. A cut crystal will definitely look elegant.
* Buy a simple, portable luggage rack for the bedroom, as it will help to keep bags off the floor. The luggage is kept out of the way and it makes easier for the guests to open and close the bags. It is easy to clean the room if the bags are not on the floor.
* Right paint colors can transform your guest room into a little paradise. Pastel shades, for instance, light ivory or dove gray can give a warm look. The color combination used should match the interior furniture and it should also highlight the bed to make the overall ambiance, inviting and comfortable. Read more on paint colors for bedrooms.